Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pet Peeves

1. Bad Grammar! I can't stand when people use the word don't instead of using the work doesn't. It just makes you sound not very intelligent!
Example: It don't work, or He don't know what he's doin!

2. I also can't stand to hear parents yell negative comments at sporting events. Especially to young children. For instance, when the team is making mistakes someone might yell, "come on guys, you gotta have those!" It would be really easy to reword that and say, "Let's go guys, you can do it!"

3. You know those movies that have the "F" word or "GD" every other word! I mean come on!!!! It is really not necessary!

4. Oh and toilet seats that have been sprayed on really bug me! You know those women who squat and spray it everywhere and then don't bother to clean it up! GROSS!

5. This might surprise you knowing I have five children, but CLUTTER DRIVES ME NUTS!
And yes, I do have more clutter in my house than I care to have but that is just the way it is with five boys!

Well that felt great to get all that out!

7 comments:

Averi said...

I hate it when people say "ideal" instead of "idea."

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

My peeve regarding grammer is when people say "floor" when they're outside and "ground" when they're inside! UGH!

Britta said...

Totally agree with the grammar and mis-use of words. And when people misspell y'all - it's YOU ALL the apostrophe goes where the letters are left out.

Also agree with the yelling at kids. I know I am going to be the mom who counteracts the negativity by being SUPER POSITIVE!

Clutter is my nemesis, too! I share my office with another peofessional staff person and 6 students. I asked the students to clean on Monday and all they did was shuffle stuff around. What did I do after they left - TOTALLY just went around throwing stuff away. Clutter is SO on our weekly meeting agenda today!

Good list, Jamie!

Kerry Kern said...

I am laughing out loud, because I totally agree with you on all of them and the grammar thing, my favorite, "we was" and "I seen" I have 2 friends that say this and it makes me CRAZY!!!!! Good job!

Unknown said...

when people say "supposably" that drives me crazy. and most of my friends say it...

Kendra said...

I agree with the comments made at sporting events!! I have to go through that every summer....My ex-mother-in-law is the worst...so embarassing!!

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

I am so going to watch what I say at Kel's soccer games now...

I hate clutter too but my closet and car don't suggest it at all.


My Boys